Friday, June 1, 2012

these are a few of my favorite things...


when i was eight, i told my mom i wanted to collect something. i had no idea what, but it became my mission. one day i read in my "american girl" magazine that a cool thing to collect was 
"got milk?" ads (as seen above). it became my obsession and soon i collected over a hundred got milk? ads. however, through the years, i've become a collector of things that actually mattered to me. while the got milk? ads were a fun thing to say i collected as a kid, they didn't hold any memories or evoke any feelings like the things i now collect. my collections have happened organically, and every time i look through them, i'm reminded of special memories and the passion i have for them. 

my playbills of all the broadway shows i've seen. nothing better than memories of musicals & nyc.
my stack of vogues. love flipping through these for inspiration. 

my two huge stacks of every growing coffee table books. mostly fashion, but also some about broadway & baking. inspiration, advice & amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment