Sunday, June 2, 2013

first week in the city.

this first week in the city has been a learning experience but already the time of my life. its been super hot (93!) everyday & working twelve hour work days has been exhausting, but i am so proud & excited to be part of such an incredible company. when i'm not working, i've been trying to explore & hit up my favorite restaurants, & it was so great to have my little siobhan here this past weekend to explore with. so here's a recap of my first week living in nyc!

eat.
tried out the chobani soho store, stopped for my favorite magnolia bakery cupcakes, grabbed dinner with sio at cafeteria, we tried out the cereal milk soft serve & b'day cake truffles at momofuku milk bar & of course, all all time favorite, macarons from laduree.

celebrity sightings.
not the best pictures but i've already spotted some celebrities around! what i love about nyc is how normal celebrities act, like spotting model anne v (adam levine's ex-girlfriend) chatting on her phone in the rain in soho, jake gyllenhaal walking around with his hoodie & backpack in greenwich village & tory burch shopping at bergdorfs. 

sightseeing & shopping.
i feel so lucky to have bryant park right across from my office!
spent saturday at the met, so happy i got to see the punk: chaos to couture exhibit!
sio & i walked around tiffany's, which is full of all the pieces from "the great gatsby." obsessed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm re-reading this post because I miss you and New York!!

    ReplyDelete