Thursday, July 18, 2013

staying cool: nyc style.

the hardest adjustment of living in nyc this summer hasn't been the bustling city or being away from my family & friends, but it's been the heat. i have definitely been missing the luxury of being able to jump into the bay after a long day at work like i can at home! temperatures this week have been in the high 90s with about 80% humidity. whether walking a few blocks or just standing waiting for the subway, i am constantly sweating & miserably hot so trying to find anyway to stay cool has been my mission the last few weeks. here are some of my favorite ways to "attempting" at staying cool.

museums.
nothing feels better than walking around a museum with the a.c. blasting on a hot day. my all time favorite is the met, but i really enjoyed moma & also walking around the new york public library. i still would love to go check out the frick collection & go back to the guggenheim (haven't been back there since i was 16).

sock buns.
i got bangs this past winter & loved them but in this nyc heat, the hair is slicked back all the time. the quickest & chicest way i believe is a sock bun. keeps my hair off my neck & face & i still look put together for work!

fro-yo & popsicles.
my favorite cool treats here in the city is of course, fro-yo (pinkberry is my favorite but looking forward to trying 16 handles) & popbar. i love really fruity toppings & popsicles with just a touch of chocolate, whether mini chocolate chips in my pinkberry or a strawberry sorbet popsicle from popbar dipped in milk chocolate.

netflix.

but then sometimes you just got to stay in the air-conditioned apartment & watch some netflix. my new favorites this summer have been scandal (finished the whole series in two weeks - woops!) & 30 rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment